Assignment: Perimeters with Fractions Investigation
Dakotaâ€s parents are creating her practice ballet studio and want to install baseboards around the perimeter of the rectangular room with sides measuring 13 feet 8 inches and 12 feet 3 inches.
1. Estimate the perimeter of the room and explain how you got the estimate.
2. Write the dimensions of the room as mixed numbers. Remember 1 foot = 12 inches. What does the fractional part of each mixed number represent?
3. Find the perimeter of the room. Show your work.
4. How does your result from part 3 compare to your estimate in part 1?
5. The baseboard will not go across the doorway of the room which is 2 Â¼ feet wide.
a. Taking into account the doorway, calculate the new length of baseboard needed for the room.
b. The hardware store sells the baseboards in 8 foot lengths. How many boards need to be purchased to install new baseboards in the room?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.