DQ’s answer have to be 150 word count each with some references except the last two questions, they just need to answered.
- How is the variance related to the standard deviation of a data set?
- Why are the sample variance and population variance measured differently?
- How does the empirical rule relate to the standard deviation?
- How is a sample mean different than a population mean?
- Compare the three different measures of central tendency.
- Are all measures of central tendency appropriate for all scales of measurement? Why or why not? What percentages represent the standard normal distribution for continuous random variables according to the empirical rule?
- What information does range provide about a data set?
- Which measure is not affected by outliers? Why?
Provide a response to the following questions.
1. The Wilcox & Keselman (2003) article from this week’s electronic readings discusses two problems with measures of central tendency: skewness of the data and outliers. Discuss each of these issues and how they affect measures of central tendency.
2. For the following scores, find the mean, median, and mode. Which would be the most appropriate measure for this data set? You may use Microsoft® Excel® data anlysis to compute these statistics. You may copy your output from Microsoft® Excel® into this worksheet.
2, 2, 0, 5,1, 4,1, 3, 0, 0, 1, 4, 4, 0,1, 4, 3, 4, 2, 1
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post 12 dq’s psy/315 appeared first on Psychology Homework.