Week 4 Professional and Social Networks Presentation
This assignment consists of 2 parts.
Part 1: Personal Professional and Social Networks
- Make a list of everyone you can think of and where they work.
- Include family members, distant cousins, classmates, church mates, etc.
- Have you done any volunteer work? If so, who do you know from there?
- As part of your analysis of the strength and weaknesses of your professional network, where would you go to find the connections you need?
- Which additional organizations would fit your professional/social profile? How much does it cost to join? What would be the benefit(s)? How can you join?
Part 2: Working Professional and Social Networks
- Choose a human services organization (you may choose a current place of employment or a previous job).
- Make a list of current networks and partnerships of the organization
- Include paid and nonpaid and/or volunteer partnerships
- Consider and describe the strengths and weaknesses associated with the partnerships and networks you identified
- How could redevelopment and/or reorganization of collaborative networks be effective for helping the organization to achieve greater effectiveness and overall reach?
- Are there any costs that outweigh the benefits?
- Any partnerships that are obsolete or no longer serving the intended purpose? Should they be eliminated? Why or why not?
- Can additional partnerships be beneficial? How so?
- What factors are important in considering the addition of partnering organizations? What plan of action would you suggest to a human services organization looking to bring on additional partners?
- Include a sample MOU for a new partner organization.
You will present your professional and collaborative networks using Prezi or PowerPoint with voice over. The minimum number of slides is 5 (including analysis of personal professional and social networks, working professional and social networks, and MOU)
Create a Screencast of your PowerPoint presentation:
- Use the Kaltura CaptureSpace Recorder to record your oral presentation.
- Your recording should include PowerPoint slides that cover all of the components of your research.
- Your presentation should be limited to 10-15 minutes.
- Upload your assignment to Week 4 Professional and Social Networks Presentation
For further guidelines, refer to the Oral Presentation Rubric