Analyzing Theories of Crime
You are an investigative reporter for a large news network. You are working on a news piece identifying how theories of crime explain specific crimes including the demographics of perpetrators and victims. You are required to make a thirty-minute presentation to your producers to convince them to run your story.
Choose a specific crime from the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program at the following:
· US Department of Justice, The Federal Bureau of Investigation. (2009). 2008 Crime in the United States: About crime in the U.S. Retrieved from
Research this crime using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet. Be sure to include the UCR and other crime reports in your research
Based on your research, develop a presentation that addresses the following:
· Define the crime. Include both the legal definition and others as necessary.
· Summarize demographics of the crime for both the perpetrators and the victim. Be sure to cover the following:
o Socioeconomic characteristics
o Other relevant diversity issues
· Choose two theories of the causes of crime that have been discussed and analyzed so far in the course; apply those theories to the selected crime. Be sure to cover the following:
o Explain the type of each theory in detail.
o Discuss the development of each theory and the main theorists associated with them.
o Compare the two theories of crime selected. Discuss the ways in which they fit with the crime and the specific demographics associated with the crime.
· Based on your research, develop your own hypothesis of the cause of this crime. Using the theories that you have chosen, you can develop your own “combination” theory.
· Give valid reasons and scholarly, peer-reviewed sources in support of your theory.
You can present your theory in first person; however, be careful not to abuse this privilege.
Your presentation should include the following:
· A title slide and a reference slide (these will not count towards the total number of slides).
· At least five sentences of speaker notes for each section to clarify anything not included in the slides. (As this is a presentation the slides should cover the main points and the details should be covered in the speaker’s notes.) The speaker notes should be properly referenced.
Develop a 10–15-slide presentation in PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Analyzing Theories of Crime appeared first on Nursing Writers Hub.