Analyzing Leadership Practices in Innovative Organizations
To prepare for this assessment, select at least two leadership practices. You may wish to refer to Leslie’s 2009 paper, “The Leadership Gap: What You Need, and Don’t Have, When it Comes to Leadership Talent,” linked in the Resources, as you research and identify leadership practices.
In addition, examine your own discovery skills and identify your own strengths and weaknesses. You may wish to research the work of Dyer, Gregersen, and Christensen as it applies to discovery skills. Some materials are listed in the Resources for this assessment. Specifically, reflect on how your own strengths equip you, and how your weaknesses hinder you, in your ability to support innovation in the global context.
Based on your research and your self-assessment, address the following in an analysis:
• Explain how at least two established leadership practices support innovation in organizations.
• Analyze the role of discovery skills for their support of innovation in organizations.
• Examine your own strengths and weaknesses in using discovery skills. Consider how your strengths and weaknesses help or hinder your ability to support organizational innovation.
(My strengths: Ability to adapt and work with a diverse group)
(My weakness: Inpatient and tend to expect more from personnel)
Organize your analysis into carefully labeled sections devoted to each of the three topics outlined above. Make sure the reader can easily find each section. Each section must be supported by your research on the topics. You may include graphs or diagrams in appendices if they are well explained and applicable.
You will be evaluated on how well you communicate your insights and analysis. It is expected that you will communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
• Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
• APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
• Number of resources: Use a minimum of 3–5 resources.
• Length of paper: Write 5–8 typed, double-spaced pages. The content of your analysis, excluding appendices, should be at least 5–6 pages.
• Appendices: Graphs or diagrams may be included in appendices if they are well explained and applicable.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.