Essay that focuses on the Ethics of Maritime / Underwater Archaeology within the broader history of the field
Write an essay that focuses on the Ethics of Maritime / Underwater Archaeology within the broader history of the field. Choose at least one case study, issue, controversy or debate in maritime or underwater archaeology to discuss the different perspectives and how they relate to the discipline as an academic field of study and professional practice. Be sure to include different perspectives and counter- arguments before you make the case for your own argument.
Figures, illustrations, graphs or tables should be presented at the end of your text as an appendix.
Message me when you have chosen at least one case study, issue, controversy or debate in maritime or underwater archaeology to discuss the different perspectives and how they relate to the discipline as an academic field of study and professional practice.
Assignment Instructions attached to the order and are on page 2-onwards.
Essay MUST BE 1500 WORDS (NO MORE, THERE ARE PENALTIES FOR GOING OVER THIS WORD COUNT.
NOTE: This Essay is 70% of the topic total.
See the Essay Assessment Criteria in the assignment instructions for guidance on how I will be assessed.
Please use Australian English when writing the Essay
Essay tip: demonstrate, don’t assert your arguments. Demonstration > Assertion!
Use good sources from journals and books (ie. not based mainly on web sources)
NOTE: There is no maximum number of references to use for the Essay, however use as many references necessary to prepare a well researched Essay. DO NOT USE OLD RESOURCES. References MUST be peer reviewed references: This Essay should be researched thoroughly and appropriately referenced according to standard academic convention. Style should follow the standard convention such as the Harvard system for in-text citation. Your bibliography must be consistent in presentation and factually correct.
Essay Assessment Criteria:
Introduction and Organisation
• Clear introduction that lays out the foundation of the essay and the topic
• Writing is organised, clear and well structured: includes introduction, body, conclusion and strong transitions
• Appropriate and effective use of word limit
Proof of Thesis & Evidence of Research
• Thesis statement is clear, thoughtful, directly related to evidence provided. The research question is answered appropriately.
• Includes several examples with sophisticated evidence that directly, specifically and accurately supports the thesis statement.
• Language and style are written in academic prose, appropriate for an academic essay
• Writing mechanics are sound: no or limited typos, spelling and grammar errors or issues
Sources / Referencing
• Adequate number of sources
• Correct acknowledgement of sources
• Correct and consistent referencing style
• Bibliography appropriately presented
INFORMATION ABOUT ASSESSMENT FOR THE TOPIC
• NOTE: Word count refers to main body of text (and does not include title page, bibliography or figure captions, etc.). Writing must be written in academic prose.
You need to read the assignment instructions carefully as it provides all the information for writing a high quality academic essay. Follow the instructions attached to the order carefull