Sustainibility- Group Report Assignment- Activisim Campaign appraisal
Purpose and aims:
As a small group**, students will research, analyse and critique an existing activism campaign aimed at addressing a social or environmental issue. Each team is required to choose ONE campaign from the following list of 5 campaigns:
1. Community is Everything – Connecting indigenous youth with their communities.
Once the campaign of interest has been chosen, students will critically analyse and appraise the campaign objectives, planning, design and outcomes and write up their findings in an executive business report.
Description of the assessment:
Students are required to reference at least 4 types of resources in the group written report:
1. Minimum of 6 journal articles (students are required to use scholarly and peer-reviewed articles) and textbooks.
2. Newspaper/Magazine articles
3. Company/NGO Websites
4. Company Sustainability reports
A total of 15-20 references are expected for the report
Suggested Template for Group Written Report
1. Assignment Cover Sheet
2. Executive Summary (5%)**
3. Background to the Issues (20%)
1. Identifying the problems/issues the campaign aims to address
2. Defining the campaign goals/objectives
3. How did the campaign establish credibility as an activist?
4. Analyzing the policy environment (15%)
1. Power-holder maps
5. Developing the strategy (20%)
1. Integrated Strategy Maps
6. Implementing the plan (20%)
1. Campaign calendars
7. Critical discussion of campaign outcomes (15%)
8. Conclusions (5%)
** The percentages give you an indication of the relative word count for each of the sections, for example, 20% of 3000 words is 600 words. Tables, figures, references and appendices do not contribute to the word count for the report.