For this three-part assessment, you will create and interpret histograms and compute descriptive statistics for given variables; analyze the goals of data screening; and generate z scores for variables, analyze types of error, and analyze cases to either reject or not reject a null hypothesis. You will use SPSS software and several Capella course files to complete this assessment.
A solid understanding of descriptive statistics is foundational to grasping the concepts presented in inferential statistics. This assessment measures your understanding of key elements of descriptive statistics.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze the computation, application, strengths, and limitations of various statistical tests.
- Analyze the strengths and limitations of examining a distribution of scores with a histogram.
- Analyze the relevant data from the computation, interpretation, and application of z-scores.
- Analyze real-world application of Type I and Type II errors and the research decisions that influence the relative risk of each.
- Competency 2: Analyze the decision-making process of data analysis.
- Analyze meaningful versus meaningless variables reported in descriptive statistics.
- Apply the logic of null hypothesis testing to cases.
- Competency 4: Interpret the results of statistical analyses.
- Interpret histogram results, including concepts of skew, kurtosis, outliers, symmetry, and modality.
- Interpret descriptive statistics for meaningful variables.
- Competency 5: Apply a statistical program’s procedure to data.
- Apply the appropriate SPSS procedures for creating histograms to generate relevant output.
- Apply the appropriate SPSS procedure for generating descriptive statistics to generate relevant output.
- Apply the appropriate SPSS procedures for creating z-scores and descriptive statistics to generate relevant output.
- Competency 7: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the identified field of study.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the identified field of study.
Read Assessment 1 Context [DOC] for important information on the following topics:
- The standard normal distribution and z scores.
- Hypothesis testing.
- Null and alternative hypotheses.
- Type I and Type II errors.
- Probability values and the null hypothesis.
Because this is a psychology course, you need to format this assessment according to APA guidelines. Additional resources about APA can be found in the Research Resources in the courseroom navigation menu. Use the resources to guide your work.
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- This resource is available from the Capella University Bookstore.
The following resources are required to complete the assessment.
The following statistical analysis software is required to complete your assessments in this course:
- IBM SPSS Statistics Standard or Premium GradPack (recent version for Windows or Mac).
- As a Capella learner, you have access to the more robust IBM SPSS Statistics Premium GradPack arranged at an academic discount through a contracted vendor.
- Please refer to the Statistical Software page on Campus for general information on SPSS software, including the most recent version made available to Capella learners.
Data Set and Software Procedure
- Data Set Instructions [DOCX].
- These instructions explain how to access the data needed for this assessment.
- This file contains the data set used with SPSS to complete the assessment.
Assessment Template and Output Instructions
- Copy/Export Output Instructions [DOCX].
- This document provides instructions for extracting output from SPSS. You will insert your output into the assessment answer template as indicated.
- z Scores, Type I and Type II Error, Null Hypothesis Testing Answer Template [DOCX].
- Use this template to complete your assessment.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Apply the appropriate SPSS procedures for creating histograms to generate relevant output. appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.