Prior to beginning work on this discussion, be sure to review the Finding an Article in the AU Library (Links to an external site.) tutorial, Graduate Research Guide for Psychology (Links to an external site.) , Psychology Subject Guide (Links to an external site.), , and resources provided by the Ashford University Library and the Ashford Writing Center. You will be referencing these resources as you complete this assignment.
Psychology professionals require research and writing skills for their day-to-day work. It is important for those working in psychology to use both academic and professional writing within the appropriate settings since they differ according to the types of items created. It is also of primary importance that all claims be supported with appropriate research within the discipline. This discussion will introduce these concepts and provide you with an opportunity to reflect on and find assistance for any challenges you may identify during this process. To accomplish this, you will complete two components: a real-world relevant writing exercise in the form of a professional research summary attached to your initial post, and a reflective discussion wherein you will share your experiences and challenges in completing the summary. Please view the for completing the two components for the initial post for this discussion.
Guided Response: After completing the two parts of the initial post (), review several of your colleague?s posts and respond to at least two of your peers by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful interactive discourse in this discussion.
- Did your colleague indicate the same or similar issues and challenges you did?
- What did you do to alleviate problems and overcome challenges during the creation of your Professional Research Summary, which might be of use to your colleague?
- Consider your colleague?s topic selection and findings. Did the articles chosen appear to represent the topic indicated?
- Did the citation list and descriptions conform to the model of academic writing provided by the Ashford Writing Center?
- Did the summary provided conform to the model of professional writing provided by the Ashford Writing Center?
- What suggestions might you make to your colleague that could assist him or her in the future?
Peer responses should be a minimum of 200 words each. Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 5:00 p.m. MST on Day 7 of the week and respond to anyone who replies to your