Alcohol & Cannabis, Spring 2016
Since we will be continuing with cannabis after this little unofficial break, let’s jump right in to the topic with this field assignment. Essentially, I am asking you to gather some information, opinions, and points-of-view about cannabis, and then interpret and comment upon it for me.
- Schedule time to locate, meet and interview the people listed below:
- A fellow U of O student between 18 and 25 years of age.
- A fellow U of O student older than 35.
- Someone who works in law enforcement or public safety.
- Someone who works in health care (including the campus health center)
- Someone not native to this culture.
- You are going to be asking them about cannabis and its changing role in society today. In the past I have listed the specific questions that I want students to ask, but in this case I want to allow you to come up with your own questions. Just make sure that you have at least 12 questions per interview, and that you include questions about the topic areas below:
- Type up transcripts of your interviews. Don’t include the real names of your interview subjects if confidentiality is a concern. Additionally, type up a commentary that you provide, summing up and concluding and pointing out any themes or common ideas that seemed to come up in your interviews. All commentaries should be between 2 – 5 pages, double spaced as always.
- Have fun with it. Don’t sweat the APA format on this one.