Applied Research Methods 8-10
***The response to each discussion question should be concise (at least 100-150 words). It should be written with conventionally accepted English. Two (2) sources per discussion prompt and in text citation***
This is the textbook we are using:
Neuman, W. L. (2011). Social Research Methods: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches(7th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
Discussion 7 Prompt
• How would experiments satisfy conditions for inferring causality?
• What are random assignment and random selection? Relations between the two?
Discussion 8 Prompt
• What is survey response rate? How is it related to internal and external validity?
• What are common practices to improve response rate?
Discussion 9 Prompt
• What are sources for available data? Please provide examples.
• What are advantages and disadvantages of research using available data?
Discussion 10 Prompt
• Please identify the characteristics of a field site that make it a good site for beginning field researchers.
• What are the differences between a field research and a survey research interview?