/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
The purpose of this assignment is to: (a) identify communication strategies that support an effective policy making-presentation/visit; (b) deliver a message and make recommendations, and (c) communicate ideas in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner.
Total Points: 100 points
Assignment Criteria for Presentation
1. Introduce your chosen policy issue, the current status, and an overview of your plan for a legislative visit.
2. Articulate key communication strategies involved in your approach to the legislator including plan, message, and recommendations; see Worksheet 2 and again, the focus is on evidence-based communication techniques for effective healthcare policy visit to the legislator.
3. Provide an analysis of empirical evidence of effective communication strategies and techniques to support an effective visit and follow-up to the legislator.
4. Provide specific examples of the impact and/or importance of a successful visit/presentation to nursing.
5. Provide concluding statements summarizing the content.
6. Paper will be 2-3 pages, excluding title and reference pages, and in APA format 6th edition.
7. Five non-text book references are required as minimum.
Following completion of Planning Your Visit Ungraded Worksheet 2, target communication strategies that support an effective policymaking visit. Include a minimum of five (5) classic references or current references (published within the past 5 years) that support your policy plan, the message, recommendations, and follow-up.
Introduction and Conclusion
Introduction briefly identifies your healthcare policy-priority issue, the policy itself and legislator with a plan for the policymaker visit/presentation. Concluding statements summarize content.
Empirical evidence identifies effective communication strategies and techniques with follow-up supporting your visit to the legislator.
Provide specific examples of the impact and/or importance of a successful visit/presentation to nursing.
Text, title page, and references are consistent with APA format 6th edition.
Rules of grammar, word usage, sentence and paragraph format, and punctuation are followed. Paper length appropriate.
A EssayPaper.org will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.