1. Describe Bridget?s communication competence/incompetence in interpersonal situations.
2. Critics have argued that the end of Bridget Jones?s Diary feels rushed, and that the ?heroic? behavior of Mark Darcy is not fully motivated in the novel. Do you agree? Were you convinced that Mark Darcy would have behaved as he did? Explain your answer.
3. What needs is Bridget trying to meet?
4. Does she or does she not get any of these needs met?
5. What mistakes does she make?
6. How does Bridget interpret Darcy’s, Daniel’s or Mum’s behavior?