Directions: Answer the questions listed below. Your response to each question should be at least one page in length and provide strong examples and details.
1. What were the causes of the Cold War?
2. How did the Soviets try to reform society, and what were the consequences of the anticommunist revolutions of 1989?
3. How did Western Europe recover so successfully after World War II, and how did Economic decline in the 1970s and 1980s affect society?
4. How did Japan recover so quickly after its total defeat in World War II and become an Economic superpower?
5. What contributed to the social and political transformation of the United States in the second half of the twentieth century?