Concert Assignment 4 – The Final Report
(see calendar for due date)
Submit your assignment by uploading a document file via the “submit assignment” link on this page. Be sure to put your name and “Concert Assignment #4” in the name of the file and inside the document itself.
Format to use:
Name of the work selected:
Name of performing group:
Date, time, and place of concert:
- Concert Setting
- Briefly describe the site of the concert, the audience and the performers, and your reaction to them.
- Familiarity Research
- Summarize what you learned in your written familiarity research (Assignment 2), converting your original lists of key points into well-written paragraphs, and adding any additional information you may have learned from a pre-concert lecture or the concert program.
- Musical Observations
- In two separate paragraphs, one for each of the two sections for which you prepared listening guides in Assignment 3, describe how the live performance differed from what you expected. Cover such items as:
- How did the performance compare to what you expected overall, in light of your familiarity research? Did the message or intent come through as expected?
- How did the live performance compare musically — in the actual sound produced — to what you expected?
- Concluding paragraph
- Write 2-3 paragraphs reflecting on your overall concert experience. Specifically describe how your familiarity research in assignments 2 and 3 affected your enjoyment (or not) of the concert. Also discuss how the concert met or did not meet your expectations, and any other insights or observations that relate to it.
- 6. Bibliography
- List all of the sources you used in any part of your report.
- List and define all of the musical terms used anywhere in your report.