Professional Development Plan
To prepare: Consider the SWOT analysis you completed and the goals you identified for Module 1 Discussion 1. (see attached) Also, return to the interactive media “Voices of DBA Students.” This time focus on the students’ descriptions of their goals, plans, and the challenges they faced in achieving their goals. Click on link below
Develop a plan for reaching three professional goals you want to achieve during your DBA program of study by completing the PDP Template located in this module’s Learning Resources. Your plan should be 5 to 7 pages total. You may use, but are not limited to, the goals you identified in Module 1.
For each of the three goals you select, include a 2- to 3-paragraph goal narrative, a list of resources to help achieve your goal, and a timeline for completion.
Your narrative should include:
• A statement of your goal
• Your motivation for wanting to achieve the goal and an explanation of how it relates to your personal values
• A brief description of the steps you intend to take to accomplish your goal
• An explanation of how these steps reflect consideration of personal strengths and weaknesses relevant to the goal
Your references section should include three resources with a description of how each resource is relevant to your goal. Your resources must include:
• One reading (book, periodical, journal, etc.)
• One social media site that will contribute to the formation of your own personal learning network
• Another resource of your choice
Your timeline should identify a minimum of three steps as milestones for accomplishing each goal, and it should assign an estimated time frame for completion.