Assessment :Business Plan (max. 3000words, excluding tables)
Topic: A comprehensive business plan for a new start-up venture produced on a group basis(4 people).
Group member: Lindy, Jane, Kary, Nelly.
The business in this case is open a Liquid Nitrogen Ice-Cream shop with different special flavours.
The business would start in UK,London, and the owners would be Lindy, Jane, Kary, Nelly.
IMPORTANT NOTES: You must meet the criteria outlined below in the learning outcomes at the required level; that is, you must provide evidence of an ability to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, qualities, skills and other attributes in the following areas (Learning outcomes 1, 2, 3):
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the theories surrounding SME development/growth/survival and how they relate to the wider environment of business support and economic development.
2. Assess the relevance and impact of Government initiatives in relation to the needs of SMEs, especially during start up phases.
3. Develop and evaluate business plans taking into account issues such as time management, business/market research, team management (including co-ordination and delegation), and presentation skills.
Important notes: Knowledge must be based on the core reading list:
• Carter, S. and Jones-Evans, D. (2012) Enterprise and Small Business: Principles, Practice and Policy. 3rd edn. Essex: Pearson Education Ltd.
• Burns, P. (2011) Entrepreneurship and Small Business. 3rd edn. Palgrave.
• Blundel, R. and Lockett, N. (2011) Exploring Entrepreneurship: Practices and Perspectives. Oxford University Press.
• Stokes, D., Wilson, N. and Mador, M. (2010) Entrepreneurship. Cengage Learning EMEA.
Structure of the Business Plan: (**must include in the business plan)
1) Executive summary**
• The main business idea should be made very clear and justified ~ “Business Concept”: What is the product/service?,How will you make money?,Why is this a good business to invest in?)**
2) Vision & Mission statement**
3) Company Objectives**
4) Description of the business**
5) Key personnel and their roles**
6) Strategic Plan **
• Business, industry and market profile (Estimate market size)**
• PEST Analysis (in table format)**
• SWOT Analysis (in table format)**
• Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis (in table format)**
• Business strategy (business model, Potential market share and Market penetration rate)**
• Competitor analysis**
• Description of product/service**
7) Operational Plan **
• Marketing plan and marketing strategy**
• Communications plan**
• Production plan**
• HR plan**
• Description of management team**
8) Capital resources plan (Required capital assets, Operating expenditure)**
9) Financial plan- Funding requirements (in table format if necessary)**
• Loan/investment proposal
• Cash flow statement**
• Risk analysis (Qualitative risk analysis, Risk matrix, risk sensitivity analysis)**
• Exit strategy**
• Roll-out plan-Initial start-up costs**
• Forecast sales volume**
• Estimate capital outlays
• Estimate operating costs**
• Pro forma profit & loss account**
• Pro forma balance sheet**
• Break even calculation**
• Company valuation**
• Tables containing numerical information
• Technical details
• Blueprints (if any)
• Founder’s CVs
• Market research results
11) Bibliography (with proper in-text reference!)**