Your friend shows you some books he/she took from the bookstore without paying for them. When you question him/her about it, he/she says, ?Sure I took them. But I?m no different from anybody else around here. That?s how we all manage to get through school on limited funds. I?ll be a better medical professional because of all the knowledge I gain from these books.?
1. Identify the ethical issues of this case study.
2. Identify the legal issues of this case study.
3. Do you agree or disagree with his/her rationalization? Why or why not?
4. What do you say to your friend?
5. Is the example in this case any different from taking home medical supplies or equipment from the workplace? Why or why not?
6. What ethical principles discussed in our textbook helped you with your answer?
7. What legal principles discussed in our textbook helped you with your answer?