Economic Development Case Blog
1) Look for an example of economic development (definition found in Chapter 8). Examples from class included: Victoria Gardens, Temecula wine region, the Mission Inn, The San Manual Stadium, etc. An easy way to find cases is to scan local newspapers like the Los Angeles Time, the San Bernardino Sun, and The Press Enterprise or from other media of your choice (e.g., CNN, YouTube, BBC, etc.). You must provide a link to the article you are using for your blog. Use their search engines with basic terms such as “economic development”. The more specific your search, the more you can find.
the case blog should be approximately 500~1000 word long. You may insert pictures or videos to enhance your presentation. In you blog, you should briefly describe the case, identify the role government played, and analyze the economic impact to the community.
2) Remember that the paper MUST focus on the ROLE OF GOVERNMENT not just your opinion.
3) You need to briefly (1) describe the case, (2) identify the role government has played in the case, and (3) analyze the economic impact on the community.
4) Make sure you identify where the source of information came from. Citation is important to the assignment. If you are using direct quotes, they must be in quotations and properly cited.
5) DO NOT simply copy and paste an article!