/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”,serif;}
Word Limit: 3000 words (Plus or minus 10%)
Learning outcomes assessed:
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of emerging themes as informed by research and the marketplace.
2. Critically analyse evolving trends in business management in order to provide robust strategic solutions to organisations.
3. Proactively source and apply research to inform operational and strategic decisions in different organisational contexts.
4. Critically evaluate a range of alternative courses of action in order to solve
This coursework is worth 50% of the total marks for this module
Seen Case Analysis related to Learning Outcomes 1, 3, and
This assignment requires students to research into the emerging themes within the business sector related to their programme of study and use the evidence gathered to inform operational and strategic decisions. Students should apply their critical understanding of relevant emerging themes to formulate alternative courses of action necessary.
The following case studies provide the necessary background required for you to complete this assessment
Read ONE case study that is relevant to your specialism of study (as provided below):
Case study :
For students undertaking the following programme:
• BSc (Hons) oil and gas management
Link to case study:
Coursework Brief TASK
Students should review the case study provided and undertake the following:
1. Critically evaluate the case study, outlining the ways in
which the identified relevant emerging themes might impact on the current business strategies relating to the identified organisation or sector.
Your critical discussion should include a critical analysis of the ways in which those themes might affect the appropriateness of existing organisational policies and practices.
Areas of focus can include any combination of the following:
1. Political environments
2. Technological advancements
3. Demographic changes
4. Social trends and shifts
5. Industry globalisation
6. Legal transformations
7. Global economic issues
2. Critically evaluate how those themes identified could affect the operational and/or strategic decision-making necessary to shape organisations within the broad sector over the next five years. Your answer should use contemporary examples of how those emerging themes have started to be addressed within your business sector.
3. Provide justified recommendations for courses of actions that organisations within the broad sector can take
to ensure that they are able to manage the effects of those
emerging themes effectively.
The assessment submission should be produced in a report format. Below is an indicative content outline:
1. Title Page
2. Table of Contents: A list of all the chapters, sections, headings, and subheadings. Appendices and Figures may
be provided as well as all page numbers.
3. Introduction: This should show that you have understood the brief and that you will cover everything required.
4. Findings and Analysis: Please break into the sections defined above; numbered headings and sub-headings should be used to indicate clearly the different sections; charts, diagrams and tables can be used to reinforce your arguments.
Conclusion: This provides an end to your report through a summary of the important points (main claim and supporting evidences) in your discussion. Remember not to include
any new material here.
Reference list: A list of all cited work within your report, using the Harvard style of referencing.
This assignment equates to 50% of the overall module mark.
The main body of the report should provide critical discussion of the current and future impacts of the identified emerging themes of the case study organisation and/or
relevant business sector within the programme study. The
assignment aims to assess students’ ability to identify the key emerging theme(s) within their business sector and their relevance within the case study. You should carry out additional research within the topic area to inform your critical understanding of the major impacts of the theme(s) upon the business sector within your programme of study. In your research, students should demonstrate how their analysis can be used to provide the necessary strategic solutions to address them within organisations. Students should be able to demonstrate their ability to engage in critical debate on the contemporary issues affecting their business sector. It is important to note that the focus of the assignment is to consider how these emerging themes can impact upon the overall organisational strategy and its decision-making processes. Students must demonstrate wider reading within their own discipline and the ways in which this research can inform evidenced based decision- making processes.
End of Assignment Brief