Essay Assignment 2
The essay is should be about (the racism against refugees in Europe) Cause and Effect Essay
Directions: For this assignment, you will write a 750-1,000 word (3-4 pages, typed and double spaced) essay in which you analyze the causes and effects of the problem you have chosen for your research paper.
Guidelines – An effective essay includes the following:
- An introduction that presents the problem, provides background information about it and also provides evidence from research proving that the problem exists.
- A thesis statement that expresses the main causes and effects of the problem.
- An analysis of the major causes and effects of the problem. It is neither necessary nor plausible to go through every single cause and effect of the problem, so you should be selective in your analysis and focus on the most important causes and effects.
- Well organized body paragraphs arranged around each cause and effect. It’s important to separate each cause and each effect into different body paragraphs in order to analyze them fully.
- At least one objection (counter-argument) or alternative argument to your claims and your response to it.
- Support for your speculations from at least 3 outside sources – In order to establish that the causes and effects on which you are speculating are plausible, it’s necessary to refer to evidence from experts and research to support your points. These references should be smoothly integrated into your essay in the form of MLA in-text citations.
- A conclusion that sums up the causes and effects and emphasizes the urgency of addressing the problem.
- An MLA works cited list.
- Accurate grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- All drafts should be done on a computer in size 12 font, double-spaced and printed in black ink.
- Leave 1.25″ left and right margins and 1″ top and bottom margins.
- Write your name, course, my name, date and draft number in the upper left corner of the first page of each draft.
- Write you last name and the page number in the upper right header of every page.
- Staple all pages together or submit in a folder – do not use paper clips.
- Do not throw away any drafts or peer response sheets as you will submit these with your final draft.