Plagiarism Free, APA is not required but solid academic writing is expected with three scholarly resources to support your responses. Part 1 and 2 separate papers include three scholarly resources and need back on Tuesday July 18, 2017 @ 6pm central time.
Directions: Provide short answers of 120 words each for the following questions and list each questions.
Short Answer Questions
- How are the manifestation of grief related to the biological response of trauma?
- Why is the response to grief different through time?
- What factors influence the grief response? Provide at least two examples.
- How does societal expectations impact the response to grief?
- Explain one grief models approach to how the individual may respond to grief.
Depression vs. Grief: Eliminating the Myths around the Grief Process Worksheet
Directions: Read the scenario and complete the table below. Include three scholarly references to support your responses.
You are a mental health provider and you have a 35-year-old client who was in an automobile accident a year ago. In the accident, his best friend died and he was significantly injured. Your client was driving the vehicle. There was no substance use involved in the accident and your client did not experience any traumatic brain injury. He has experienced guilt for not dying in the accident even though it was clearly the fault of the other driver involved who also died in the accident. He has been grieving the loss of his friend as they were inseparable. His friend left behind a young child and a wife. Although he went back to work rather quickly after the accident (3 months later), he is finding it now hard to get up in the morning and go to work. He is using his sick time to spend with his friend?s family and help them. Your client is not married or involved in a significant relationship. However, his own family is concerned about him and that he is not fully functioning or interested in social activities. He is also not sleeping well. The anniversary of the accident is approaching.
Grief Process Table and Reflective Questions
Directions: In the table below, identify what criteria he meets for depression and grief. Following the completion of the table, answer the two reflective questions.
|Depression Symptoms||Grief Symptoms||Steps for Treatment||Societal Expectations|
- What steps would you consider to treat the individual and should there be a consideration of him harming himself?
- Are there societal expectations and/or pressures to consider for this individual?