- Please provide a brief evaluation of the film including the following information:
- Identify how much food Americans waste each year: What kinds of foods, what are the general attitudes about food, and what are some of the sources of food waste?
- How is food waste harmful financially and environmentally?
- Why is so much food wasted and where does it come from (source)?
- Other than diverting edible food from landfills, what else can food waste be used for?
- What can be or is being done either to reduce food waste or turn food waste into a resource?
- Conclude with the insights you gained by watching the film and/or some of the ways you might change your own habits.
- This film evaluation is due by Sunday, Nov. 8 at 11:59 pm.
- This critical thinking exercise is worth 20 points total; please upload your paper onto
Evaluation of Film:
|Element||4 points||2-3 points||1 point|
|How much food, kinds of food, attitudes and sources||More than 2 examples of each with some statistics||2 examples of each with some statistics||1 example of each|
|How food waste is harmful financially and environmentally||Several examples of each supported by facts.||Two or three examples of each supported by facts||One detail of each supported by facts.|
|Why is so much food wasted & source||Several examples, providing some of your own ideas – maybe coming from your own experience||Two examples||One example|
|What else can food waste be used for?||More than 2 examples with facts||Two examples with facts||One example|
|What can be or is being done to turn food waste into a resource||Several examples with facts||Two examples with facts||One example|