You will be assigned to analyze one company from Tadawul. To assist you in answering the questions you can use Tadawul official website.
-Company name: Farm Superstores
General information about the company
Q1. What does your company do?
Q2. Who are the companies’ owners? How much they own? Is there any institutional investors in the company?
Q3. Who are the company’s main competitors?
Q4. What was the par value of the company in its initial public offering (IPO)? When did the companies join the Saudi market?
Q5. What is the current company’s share price?
Q6. How many shares of the company are outstanding?
Q7. What is the market value of the companies?
The Company annual reports and share price information:
Collect data on the company for the past 3 years (2014-2015-2016) for the following variables:
· Share price;
· Balance sheet;
· Income statement;
· Cash flow statement;
· The Saudi market general index “Tadawul All Share Index, TASI”.
· The companies’ sector index.
The companies’ operating performance:
Investigate and analyse the latest three Financial Statements (you can find them from the company’s website or from Tadawul). Assess the companies’ performance by looking at the appropriate liquidity ratios, asset management ratios, Leverage ratios, Profitability ratios and market value ratios. Compare the company performance over the past three years (time-series analysis)
The company’s share price performance:
You need to assess the company’s share price performance over the past three years (36 months). You need to do the following:
· Comment on the share price performance for the last three years;
· Compare the share price performance between the company with its industry index, did the company outperform or underperform the industry;
· Compare the share price performance of the company with TASI, did it out/underperform TASI?