Directions: Please answer each of the following questions and ensure that each response is at least one page in length. Please use proper APA formatting, double space and cite any sources used.
1. Discuss the underlying reasons for the rapid growth of crime laboratories in the United States since the late 1960s.
2. Describe the advantages of incorporating an evidence collection unit into the organizational structure of the crime laboratory.
3. List the function of a forensic scientist.
4. List and discuss the roles of the evidence collector at a crime scene.
5. In cooperation with the medical examiner or coroner, what type of evidence is to be retrieved from a deceased victim for examination in the crime laboratory?