Study the poster advertising the North Express train line, designed by A.M. Cassandre. Analyze the overall composition as well as the formal elements of the poster. Choose at least two elements (color, line, repetition, texture, shading, typography, space), discuss Cassandre’s design choices with these elements, and then conclude how they combine to create an overall effect. Why is this considered a classic example of the Art Deco style?
- 1-2 pages, double spaced, 1” margins.
- You do not need to use external sources, as your primary source is the image itself
- I will provide the image, so you do not need to include a copy of the image in your essay
- Describe overall composition and how the artist moves the viewer through the work.
- Address AT LEAST TWO formal elements (line, color, shape, texture, repetition).
- Conclusion: How does the artist use these elements to deliver an emotion or message? What is this overall feeling or message? Be sure to address the key characteristics of Art Deco
- Compose in Google Docs. Title = Your Last Name: Medieval Formal Analysis. Allow Grace to edit the document.