1. Provide a historical and political background to the conflict in Southern Sudan and Northern Uganda that has given rise to the protracted refugee scenario and displaced persons in Northern Uganda.
2. How appropriate do you think it is to integrate refugees into host communities as is being done in Uganda?
3. Critique parallel health systems for refugee and host communities in Uganda and the world in general.
4. Critique the strategy, process and implementation of the integration of refugee health services with district health services.
5. If you were an UNHCR or WHO staff in charge of refugees in Northern Uganda, how would you go about setting up health services in the phases below and what other key interventions would you advocate for or put in place? Remember you are working collaboratively with other organizations.
a. Acute Crisis Phase
b. Transitional Phase
c. Chronic Phase