1. The learning concept of ________________ indicates that people learn best if reinforcement is given as soon as possible after training. (Points : 1)
a. behavior modeling
b. positive reinforcement
c. immediate confirmation
d. active practice
2. Worldwide Food Services, Inc., (WFS) has a large number of cooks and other food service workers who will be sent to hardship environments overseas to prepare meals for the military. The workers have been hired, but they need to be trained almost immediately because of the contract with the military, and the HR staff at WFS is overloaded. It would be most wise for WFS to _______________. (Points : 1)
a. cancel the military contract
b. hire external trainers
c. hire and train new HR staff to conduct the training
d. use on-the-job training when the new hires arrive in the hardship
3. Strategic training asks the question of whether training is really needed. (Points : 1)
4. The simplest methods for appraising performance are the _______________. (Points : 1)
a. behaviorally anchored rating scales (BARS)
b. category scaling methods
c. comparative methods
d. written methods
5. _______________ is concerned with enhancing the attraction, development, and retention of key human resources. (Points : 1)
a. Talent management
c. Organizational development
d. Strategic training
6. Jeffrey Bean, Manager of Operations for a large retail chain, recently attended an off-site training program which was designed to teach managers new ideas and methods for managing the department’s work and making his operation more efficient. When Jeffrey went back to the office, he thought, “This is never going to work. Those ideas are good in theory, but it’s just not practical to change the processes we already have in place.” Jeffrey’s reaction describes a situation of _______________. (Points : 1)
a. encapsulated development
b. classroom paralysis
c. lack of self-efficacy
d. transfer of training error
7. One condition that must be met for effective transfer of training is that _______________. (Points : 1)
a. there is positive reinforcement for applying the skills on the job
b. employees must maintain their use of the learned material over time
c. trainees must be able to recall the training as needed
d. trainers must be able to transfer that knowledge to new employee
8. Which of the following is not something effective performance management should do? (Points : 1)
a. Encourage high levels of performance.
b. Document performance for personnel records.
c. Make it clear what the organization expects.
d. Determine the strategic plan of the organization.
9. What should an organization do if it wants to enhance the relationships between training, learning, and job performance? (Points : 1)
a. Give the trainees a pre-training test and post-training test to measure their learning from the training.
b. Give the trainees a real business problem to solve as part of their training.
c. Offer interactive e-learning as a training method.
d. .Outsource the training to subject matter experts.
10. One perceived disadvantage of sequencing is that it will hurt chances for advancement. (Points : 1)