Please follows these instructions step by step
NO BULLET POINTS PLEASE
- A) Please write one paragraph Briefly explain your understanding of external agencies in HSC?
- B) Please write 3 external agencies and relate to the Case Study
CQC, NMC, NICE
- C) Analyse the roles of each CQC,NMC,NICE agencies with the importance of their standards setting:
Please Write 6 lines of each
For example: NMC The purposes of NMC standards are to promote quality health care service in UK. They are nursing and midwifery services in the UK. Their rules are to register qualifies nurses, develop educational packages and training packages for nurses and midwife working in UK and abroad. They al investigate and handing complain against any nurse and midwife registered with them.
- A) Write a paragraph explain your understanding of poor service quality.
- B) These are the 3 stakeholders from RUCH in the case study
Service Users Dissatisfaction, Staff Demotivation and Organisation Bad Reputation.
For example Service users bed feeding what will be the impacts?
Staff Stakeholders link to the RUCH
- C) For example Organisation: Poor quality service lead the organisation to bed reputation. It decrease the number of service user and ultimately reduce the profit. Increase staff turnover, recruitment and training cost. Service user may sue against organisation and organisation must pay compensation. External agency, such as CQC might give them warning and ultimately revoke the licence.
2.1 Explain the standards that exist in health and social care for measuring quality.
Explain at least 3 standards (one from each agency) with example from the organisation in case study
A)-Standard- agreed level of achievable or measuring, referencing, targets, and resources
B)-Establish fairness, give guideline, measure mistakes
Give us opportunity to do continuous improvement
C)- CQC, NICE, NMC= visit their website
E.g, NMC the code contains the professional standards that registered nurses and midwives must uphold.UK nurses and midwives must act in line with the code .whether they are providing direct care to individuals groups or communities or bringing their professional knowledge to bear on nursing and midwifery practice in other roles, such as leadership, education or research .one of the standards on NM C is ‘priorities people’. These codes give direction to put the interests of people using or needing nursing midwifery service first. To achieve this nurses and midwifes must make sure that those receiving care are treated with respect, that their rights are upheld and that any discriminatory attitudes and behaviours those receiving care are challenged
Relate to the case study- e.g, NMC- medication, feeding
CQC- person-centre, care plan, flue jab, consent staffing fitness, what is regulations data protection Act
2.2: Evaluate different approaches to implementing quality systems.
Approaches or Principles of TQM
4 Explain a Paragraph of eachPrinciples and Advantage and Disadvantage
Focused on customers needs: Organizations depend on their customers and therefore should understand current and future customer needs, should meet customer requirements and strive to exceed customer expectations.
- Leadership: Leaders establish unity of purpose and direction. They should create and maintain the internal environment in which people can become fully involved in achieving the organization’s objectives.
- Involvement of people: People at all levels are the essence of an organization and their full involvement enables their abilities to be used for the organization’s benefit.
- System approach to management: Identifying, understanding and managing a system of interrelated processes as a system contributes to the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency in achieving its objectives.
At least 2 to 3 models
1,TQM is mandatory,
TQM: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Ensure skilled leadership , effective communication, target setting,
- Ensure the involvement and empowerment of all the employees
- Time-consuming as all staff are involved in implementation
- Staff training may cost huge amount
Quality system is structural system to measuring, managing improving of quality.
Advantage and disadvantage of the 2 of the models.
Eg-Advange-the employee will be trained, less mistake, efficiency will be higher,
Disadvatage-time consuming, cost y, data protection of the organisation.
-What is TQM?
How it works?
PDCA-(plan do ,check Act).
Plan –they collect info and analyse and they identify the cause
Do -Find out the solution
Check-check if the new change is beneficial or effective by monitoring and supervision. If it not effective they go back to from plan and check why it is not effective.
Act-find out the issue
-opinion which model is suitable or we can say they both are applicable
2, – CQI (ongoing quality improveme
2.3 Analyse potential barriers to delivery of quality health and social care services in the case study RUCH organisation.
A- Explain your understanding of barriers.
B- Analyse the impact of at least 3- 4 potential barriers from the organisation in case study to provide quality service (analyse each in separate paragraph.)
e.g.-lack of monitoring ,lack of effective leadership…..
Lack of effective leadership, Lack of organization & system support and Lack of Quality: For example leadership is the combination of all managerial activities .The main purpose of leadership is to integrate all activities of organisation and provide necessary guidelines to perform those activities effectively. Leadership is responsible for maintain staffing level, provide required training and resources. If there is lack of leadership obviously service quality will be low than expected.
The leadership of RHCH failed to ensure required staffing level, as a result permanent staff are feeling stress with long working hours and overload works. Also family members of service uses are not getting information consistently.
Case study e.g. –RUCH was in breach of regulation of Health and Social Care Act 2008 .
3.2: Analyse other factors that influence the achievement of quality in the health and social care service.
Staffing level, what is the importance of staffing level is the importance is it Effective, Mostly effective, Partially effective or not effective. Then make a suggestion what they should do.
Define why Training what is the importance is it Effective, Mostly effective, Partially effective or not effective. Then make a suggestion what they should do.
Define Limited Resources is the importance is it Effective, Mostly effective, Partially effective or not effective. Then make a suggestion what they should do.
DO NOT REPEAT ANY FACTORS FROM LO2.3
3.3: Suggest ways in which the health and social care service could improve its quality.
WRITE EACH IN A SEPARATE PARAGRAPH AND LINK TO RUCH
- A) Write a paragraph CQC found out care plans were not dated
Suggestion: Why care plans are important to update and why?
- B) Write a paragraph The provider was in breach of one Regulation of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) 2014.
Suggestion: Why is it important and why?
- C) Write a paragraph Quality Auditing system were not fully established and auctioned from audits completed.
Suggestion: Why Quality Auditing system is important and why?
4.1 EVALUATION OF QUALITY IS MANDATORY
- Define Quality Audits and Reviews what are Advantages and Disadvantages.
- Define Quality Survey what are Advantages and Disadvantages.
- Define Quality Inspection what are Advantages and Disadvantages.
- Evaluation Of Quality Is Mandatory
(Use the Russell House and external (CQC)
4.2: Discuss the impact that involving users of services in the Evaluation process has no service quality.
Advantages: Relating to RUCH
- They bring their own perspectives about treatment which can prompt service providers to re-evaluate delivery of services.
- Sharing agenda promotes constructive working relationships
- Meeting higher levels of customer care
Disadvantages: Relating to RUCH
- Might affect their treatment in the future
- Clash of interests
- Views will not be taken seriously
Conclude your answer with suggestions to improve of quality:
- Be open and honest.
- Provide support, training and induction.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined
- Involve user representatives from the beginning and at every stage