Whole Foods Case Study Questions
Review the Whole Foods Case Study (pp. 1-6) and answer the questions connected to Chapters 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 as listed below. Responses to each question should range from 100-200 words. Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards (12 point Times New Roman font, double-spacing, 1″ margins, title and reference pages). Be sure to use the text and/or other sources to support your responses and properly cite the use of such.
- Is John Mackey a transformational leader? Why or why not? (Ch 8)
- Whole Foods’ open-book policy allows all associates to have full access to all information about the company and its executives. (a) Would this degree of open communication work as well in other companies? Why or why not? (b) What impact do you think this degree of transparency has on the attitudes and behaviors of Whole Foods associates? (Ch 9)
- What group decision-making pitfalls appear most likely within Whole Foods teams and which decision-making techniques would you recommend to counter those pitfalls? (Ch 10)
- What policies and procedures does Whole Foods enact that allows it to develop successful associate teams? (Ch 11)
- Whole Foods has been opposed to unionization of it associates. However, associates in a Madison, Wisconsin store recently voted to become unionized. What type of conflicts or power struggles may have led this to occur? (Ch 12)