Scenario: Investigative Plan
You are hired as a consultant in City X and are charged with the responsibility of creating a plan to deal with the multiple daytime robbery attacks in your area. Police officers have been able to obtain limited information for each robbery. Your first order of business is to create a draft of a strategic operational/investigative plan to address the crimes. Your plan should be between 5 pages (excluding title and reference pages.)
Please address the following questions in details. Be creative and utilize any, and all, investigative actions/resources that you can think of. Rememeber, you are to assemble a plan to address the crime and ultimately catch the individuals responsible.
1. Create and describe a list of 10 investigative steps you would take to address this situation.
2. What technological assistance would be needed to conduct this operation?
3. What measures would you take to analyze the pattern of robbery activity?
4. How would you go about synthesizing the data and coming to a conclusion based on the data?
5. What type of investigative units would you use to assist in the operation to catch the perpetrators?
6. What supplies/equipment would you purchase to enable the investigation and operation to be conducted? Given the fact that the money allocated for the investigation is low, what steps would you take to procure more funds?