- Office Relocation
You are a small team tasked with the relocation of 250 staff from an existing call centre in Metropolis City Centre to a new business park on its periphery. There are a number of potential buildings available to choose from, but each one will require some refurbishment to fit the requirements of your business (creating appropriate office space for 5 senior executives, 3 separate teams (finance and payroll (10 staff members), human resources (5 staff members) and call centre operations (230 staff members) along with IT infrastructure). Your team is responsible for the choice of building, refurbishment, and transfer of staff and equipment to the new site. You have 3 months from the start to finish of the project and a budget of £50,000.
Part 1 Group presentation – Group Tasks:
- Provide a SWOT or PESTLE analysis for the project
- Provide a Work Breakdown Structure to analyze the project components
- Provide a Gantt chart for the project
- Identify the criteria for assessing project performance at each stage (Stage Gate Criteria/Milestones)
- Undertake a Risk Analysis for the project and identify a Risk Management Strategy
- Provide a Responsibility, Accountability, Consulted and Informed (RACI) Matrix for the project
- Produce a Stakeholder Management Strategy for the key project stakeholders
Groups will be required to present an assessed oral presentation and provide a group report.
You are required to 1- undertake a strategic self-reflection on your role and experience of team working in the preparation of the group assignment. 2- In this you should consider the facilitators and barriers to effective project team work and the core project management/leadership skills you developed while working on the project. 3- In addition, you should consider what key project management/leadership skills /competencies you wish to develop in the future.
Word Limit 1500 words (excluding references, tables, appendices)