Please select either ONE (but only ONE) of the following items. For whichever item you select, prepare a well-crafted double-spaced typed paper of roughly 6-8 pages in length, exclusive of any tables, etc.
I. Locate the organizational chart of any state (or Canadian Province) health department. Select an agency with comprehensive jurisdiction over the health care quality and services of its citizens..) For the agency you have selected, briefly discuss the following:
1. How is the agency organized to accomplish its statutory objectives? (You will have to ascertain what they are!) Do you consider the organizational optimal, merely adequate or effective or neither?
2. What are the primary sources of this agencyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s budget?
3. What are this agencyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s principal budgetary outlays and expenditures?
4. How are services for the poor addressed, if at all?
5. How does this agency seek to balance the competing interests of health care providers and the public? Are elected officials prominent in the agencyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s administration?
II. Identify a pending piece of legislation (i.e. a bill) at either the Congressional or state legislative arena directly impacting health care policy and/or the delivery or management of health care services. (Thus, existing Federal or state legislation is excluded!!) You may select any state within the USA or a Canadian Province. For the bill you have selected, briefly address the following:
1. Who are the billÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s principal sponsors in both the legislature/Congress and within the health care ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œcommunity?ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬
2. What are the ostensible objectives of the legislation?
3. Are there any ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œhiddenÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬ agendas or objectives to the proposed law? (Hint: You will need to locate some debate on the merits of the bill to flush out the issues!)
4. Who primarily benefits from the proposed law? Are any interests adversely impacted, at least theoretically?
5. How would this bill reform, alter or modify the manner in which health care services are financed, organized or delivered? What impact do the billÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s proponents hope to achieve? Is this bill a ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œmajor changeÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬ in health care policy?
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!