Your task is to locate and examine organizational leaders who embrace diversity and who manage diversity effectively.
You will research one of the following organizational leaders and write a report of your findings:
- Sharon L. Allen, Deloitte and Touche
- Kenneth Chenault, American Express
- Johnetta B. Cole, The United Way
- Louis V. Gerstner, Jr., IBM
- Andrea Jung, Avon Products, Inc.
- Dick Parsons, Time Warner
- Antonio Perez, Eastman Kodak
- David M. Ratcliffe, Southern Company
- Steve Reinemund, PepsiCo
- Johnathan Rodgers, TV One
- Jeff Valdez, SiTV
Here are the topic areas and questions to include in your research. Feel free to include additional topics.
- What is the professional background of this leader?
- here any personal information or experience that led to his or her passion for managing diversity?
Status of Diversity Within Organization
- What role did diversity play before the leader became part of the organization?
- What is the leader’s philosophy on diversity management?
- What strategies did the leader implement to transform the way in which the organization managed diversity?
- What were the diversity-related goals implemented by the leader?
- What were his or her future goals related to diversity?
- What is the current status of the organization in terms of diversity in particular and overall success in general?