“Personal Computers and Networks” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, determine whether you prefer a laptop or desktop. Elaborate on the features that you would want your desktop or laptop to offer, and provide an explanation of why you would want such features.
- Imagine that you are moving into a new house and need to consider the home network that you will use. Outline the main considerations that you need to take into account when evaluating your networking options. Examine the major types of networks and hardware available in terms of range, speed, security, reliability, and price. Determine the network that you would implement and the hardware that you would need.
“The Internet” Please responds to the following:
- IPv6 is an updated version of IPv4 that has been around for a number of years. From the first e-Activity, examine the major difficulties that users have encountered throughout IPv6’s widespread acceptance and implementation. Recommend two (2) possible solutions for the difficulties that users have encountered in IPv6’s widespread implementation. Justify your response.
- From the second e-Activity, examine the major pros and cons of a DSL and a cable Internet connection. Compare DSL and cable Internet connections based on availability, consistent high speed, reliability, security, and price. Determine the Internet connection you prefer. Provide a rationale for your response.
The Courts and Legal Professionals” Please respond to the following:
- Examine at least two (2) ethical concerns surrounding supranational courts that may have an influence on the United States’ reluctance to ratify the Rome Statute. Express the extent to which you agree these ethical concerns are valid. Provide support for your response.
- According to the textbook, judicial independence is a driving principle in the court system. Determine at least two (2) factors that can impede this principle and debate the extent to which the court system can overcome each factor.
“The Sentencing Process and the Problem of Prison” Please respond to the following:
- Examine the extent to which the sentences the defendants in each case received were appropriate for the offenses they committed. Debate the degree to which corporal punishment is an effective form of sentencing when given in conjunction with a prison term. Provide support for your rationale.
- From the second e-Activity, imagine you are a warden in prison, and you have been tasked with deciding the most appropriate way to allocate funds. Choose the one (1) issue that you would distribute the most resources toward in order to combat the findings from the Commission on Safety and Abuse in America’s Prison’s report on the United States’ correctional system. Classify one (1) advantage and one (1) disadvantage to deciding to allocate the most resources toward the issue you have chosen. Provide support for your rationale.