The CEO of SkyWrench was impressed with your project management skills and has asked you specific questions about project management maturity models. However, he is confused with the choices. Given your knowledge of the SkyWrench business (be creative), select one of the project management maturity models and create a 1- to 2-page paper that shows the benefits it will bring to the organization.
Examine the Module Review Rubric below to identify the qualities of an effective paper. Prior to submitting your assignment, please use the following naming convention:
Schwalbe, K. (2013). Revised an introduction to project management (4th ed.).Minneapolis, MN: Schwalbe Publishing
Phase 1 -Team Project SkyWrench Maintenance Hanger Relocation
Scope: You are in the maintenance office of a medium sized repair facility. The senior manager has tasked you to come up with a project plan and budget to move your 51-person maintenance facility from hanger 12 to a new larger hanger 18. These are your constraints;
1. Cannot interrupt normal business operations, M-F 8am to 5pm.
2. Cannot consume more than 10% of anyone?s time.
3. Inventory; 25 file cabinets, 3 data servers, 10 employees cubical with desks, 2 conference rooms of furniture, satellite uplink equipment, 400,000 parts inventory and shelving, 1 heavy crane, 4 forklifts, 90 pieces of stationary equipment that can be moved with a forklift, and 60 pieces of wheeled equipment.
4. The new office will need phone, new network and premise/physical security.
5. The old office network equipment will stay.
6. You have a $100,000 target budget
7. You have a 10 day window from the time the new building is complete to the time you must be out of the old building.
Develop the required documents;
1. Scope Statement
2. Project Charter
3. Project Plan
a. Risk Statement
b. Budget Proposal
NOTE: If you need help/guidance, ask your senior manager Bart (Instructor).
Key success factor: communicating your message to the senior manager.
Time required; approximately 3-4 hours
1. Determine your first steps.
2. Create requirement documents
3. Explain why you chose the first steps, in your status report due next week.
4. Determine what is known and what is unknown about the project. Explain why this might be important to the project.