public order crimes
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper, this does not include your cover page and reference page, in which you:
1. Give a brief explanation of your chosen topic and/or problem in the criminal justice system. (This paragraph should include what your topic is on and information that helps to substantiate this is a problem. For example, if I chose drunk driving problems in Florida – I would include how many incidents have been reported last year, the costs in law enforcement to Florida to combat this issue and the costs, ie. money, time, injuries, deaths, to all the stakeholders to this type of crime like: drivers, passengers, pedestrians killed, families, employers and their financial losses, vehicle damages and insurance rises and rates, etc.)
2. Based on your chosen topic, define and justify through your research the problems and challenges that exist on your topic. Explain the historical issues that have contributed to the problems and challenges of your topic. (This question would again address statistical information gathered on this topic and might include examples of incidents of drunk driving in the past, what the law is and how the law has changed in this area and what brought about this change and why, and some examples of the law in different states. Also, I would include different organizations that help combat this problem like MADD, the insurance industry, etc.)
3. Identify and address the internal and external stakeholders and how they contribute to both the problems and the solutions on your topic. (Here, I might include and address specifically all those effected by this crime and identify examples – this could be found in newspaper articles, peer review journals, medical journals, even law enforcement periodicals. This question also must include costs associated to all the identified stakeholders)
4. Discuss the data and information that you have collected while conducting research on your topic. Discuss how the data relates to the problems and challenges on your topic and for the criminal justice system in general. (If you identified this above, this question would be already answered)
5. Develop a solution that addresses the problems and challenges on your topic, solutions should be based on research as well as your thoughts on the subject. (The paper should include researched solutions to this problem. I would identify from different states, programs that have worked and ideas that help to combat the issue. My research should include statistics and data on successful programs and those that don’t work – here I could include my own thoughts on ways to fix the problem. My personal thoughts should be brief though – in a research paper, the majority of information should be based on facts).
6. Use at least six (6) scholarly sources in this assignment. (Be sure to meet this requirement)
Please let me know if you are having any problems or have questions about this final paper. The paper is worth 200 points so do well.
Sincerely, Professor Lori Baggot
Posted by: LORI BAGGOT
Posted to: CRJ105008VA016-1164-001 Crime And Criminal Behavior
re: CRJ105 – WEEK 9
Posted on: Sunday, May 29, 2016 11:59:00 PM EDT
Dear Students: It is time to refocus and finish the class strong! We have only 3 short weeks left. See the checklist below for this Week 9 Agenda and the due dates and remaining work with potential