All papers are to meet the following topical guidelines:
* The topic, is to be a regional problem, is to be one relevant to world regional geography- please discuss with me
*The topic for both the Draft and Regioanl Essay should focus on a region other than North America, European Realm, or Oceania ( Australia and New Zealand).
All papers are to meet the following general guidelines:
* Title Page: shall be included with both the draft and Research Esay, but does not count towards the overall page count
*Body of Paper & Page Count: only completed will count towards the overall page count.
* The Draft should be 1-4 pages in length.
* The Research Essay should be 3-4 pages in length
*The Refernce Page: shall be included with the Regional Essay and is optional for the Draft, but does not count towards the overll page count on either
All papers are to meet the following specific guidelines:
*Font, Font Size, and Spacing: Times New Roman, 12 point, double space
*Page Numbering: page numbers shall be centered and placed at the bottom of the page
*BBC or National Geographic: Students muct include at least one reference from the BBC (www.bbc.com) or National Geographic
*Citation Style: Chicago ‘Author-Date’ in text style:
( Be sure to use the ‘Author-Date’ style rather than ‘Notes and Bibliography’ and to cite material both within the Body of the Paper and on the Reference Page)
* All references within the body of the text should be cited on the Reference Page ( and vice versa)
Papers will be assessed on the following:
* Paper guidelines ( points will be deducted for not following directions above)
* Quality of writing
* How well the writing relates to the course material