Review the briefing report titled “Federal Protective Service: Actions needed to resolve delays and inadequate oversight issues with FPS’s risk assessment and management program” located at http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11705r.pdf. Most of the changes that have taken place within the Federal Protective Service (FPS) have been reactive as a result of specific events such as the Oklahoma City bombing and terrorist events of September 11, 2001. This insinuates that there could be other potential threats that are being ignored because they have yet to be exploited. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the security measures taken by the FPS and determine if the measures are comprehensive enough, given any potential threats not mentioned in the report.
- Compare the security measures provided by the FPS to those of a commercial building with which you are familiar.
- Describe the weaknesses that still exist within the protocols defined by the FPS.
- Describe the security measures that you see at your nearest federal building as well as the security measures that you believe may not be obvious to other observers.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment including the suggested FPS Website. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Summarize the methods and practices related to perimeter security.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in security assessment and solutions.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to security assessment and solutions using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.