This discussion will help you think about the varied research approaches and how they can be applied based on certain world views or the nature of the groups you wish to research. By choosing the best approach from the start, researchers are much more likely to get the best results to answer research questions. In your initial post, address the following:
- Discuss the importance of the inductive approach in qualitative research. How does this approach differ from the deductive approach in quantitative research?
- Explain how your philosophical worldview may influence the types of research you are interested in conducting.
- Of the four philosophical worldviews, which do you feel most fits with your own perspective to research?
- How does the definition and description of research design differ from your initial perception of the concept?
- If you were given a research study to complete in the Ashford online learning setting, which criterion/criteria would figure most prominently in your decision about the research approach to take? For example, is there anything about the mode of online learning or the demographic of the students which would work best with a certain research approach?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.