TRUE OR FALSE?
1. The degrees of freedom for a chi-square test on a two-way table with 2 columns and 5 rows is 4.
2. When comparing several populations, the null hypothesis for the chi-square test becomes: ‘The distribution of the response variable is the same in all populations tested.’
3. When using a two-way table to test independence, all data is collected from a single population.
4. The ?2 test establishes the cause of observed associations.
5. A meta-analysis is a pilot study used to determine the feasibility of a proposed experimental design.
6. In a 2 x 2 table, the chi-square test always tests the two-sided alternative.
7. Chi-square tests are often preferable to two sample