Select a global market into which the company might expand (do not choose a company that is already global). This should be a market with different characteristics so do not choose a similar market such as Canada.
Scenario: The company is considering expanding into the global market. As a result, the management team is analyzing the current strategic objectives, the organization’s structure and looking at how this change may affect any or all of these areas. The team will present these findings to leadership once completed.
Create a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint® presentation including detailed speaker notes or voiceover in which you include the following:
- Examine the current strategic objectives of the organization.
- Discuss the SWOT analysis.
- Determine the current structure of the organization.
- Discuss how expanding to a global market may affect work functions.
- Recommend structural alternatives that may facilitate the new global strategy. How do these options differ? What are their strengths and weaknesses?
- Determine the key components of a change management strategy for the restructuring.
- Recommend next steps for an action plan.