The Administration for Community Living (ACL)
“Intergovernmental Relations” Please respond to the following:
- Assume that your selected agency received funding to expand its current emergency plan, which involves the Department of Corrections and Department of Juvenile Justice. Provide a one-page email memorandum that introduces the plan, the role of the host agency, and how your agency plans to collaborate with the other agencies.
“Getting the Right People” Please respond to the following:
- Refer to “New Haven Firefighters” in Chapter 10. Take a position for and one against allowing discrimination in the wake of segregation and discriminating in the name of diversity. Provide one or two reasons and examples to support each side of the argument.
- Review “The Star Award” in Chapter 10. Select three candidates (from the field of five) to receive bonuses. Justify your response with one or two reasons.
“Protecting the U.S.” Please respond to the following:
- MNCs, IOs, NGOs, and the European Union are non-state actors in the role of pushing foreign policy to combat terrorism. Discuss one or two ways in which the national strategy influences any of these non-state actors.
“Providing Aid” Please respond to the following:
- Discuss one or two areas where your selected agency addresses foreign aid. Analyze the benefits or disadvantages for the U.S. regarding the agency’s position on foreign aid. Provide one or two examples to support your response.