/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”,serif;
· Research Proposal: 2,500 words (Plus or minus 10%)
Learning outcomes assessed:
1. Identify a research topic appropriate to the level and field of study
2. Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the main frameworks and principles on research design.
3. Assess and contribute to the process of research
4. Evaluate how quantitative and qualitative methods can be applied in academic research
This coursework is worth 100 % of the total marks for this module.
The central purpose of this module is to prepare for the Capstone project. In particular, Research Methods is for those who taking the Research as a Dissertation or quantitative approach. Students should become knowledgeable about what they want to do for their project, why they want or need to do it, what they will achieve or produce as a result of study and how they will undertake the project (methods). This latter also includes learning about what methods are appropriate to the chosen study and any ethical issues involved. The assessment is a proposal for the for the Capstone project that will demonstrate the above learning and hopefully provide a solid plan for the study.
To produce a proposal for a suitable topic of investigation that includes the following (as a guide):
1. Introduction including academic rationale, research question, objectives and hypotheses (if appropriate)
3. Research Methodology
4. Reference List
Total Marks for Assignment: 100