The skill of self confidence by Dr. Ivan Joseph( ted talks)
please use the video on YouTube”The skill of self confidence by Dr. Ivan Joseph( ted talks)” to write the article critique paper. instructions have been uploaded at the additional materials.
• View a speech assigned by your instructor
• Write an essay in which you analyze various aspects of the presentation
• Essay must be approximately 4 to 5 pages in length (typewritten pages in 12-point font with 1-inch margins all around)
• Please provide a title page
• At minimum, you should address the following in your essay:
• What aspects of the speaker’s delivery were effective? Ineffective? Why?
• Verbal delivery (e.g., volume, enunciation, language choice…)
• Nonverbal delivery (e.g., eye contact, body movement, gestures…)
• Discuss how the information and/or language the speaker used indicated awareness of and/or sensitivity to diversity as it related to both audience analysis and topic.
• If recognition of diversity was absent from the presentation, suggest how it might have been incorporated.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the types of support material (evidence) discussed in the textbook and in class. If lacking, discuss what types of information the speaker might have included.
• Look up and evaluate the credibility of research sources used by the speaker and discuss whether the presentation might have been strengthened with other sources of information.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the speaker’s use of technology during the presentation. How did it enhance audience understanding? If no technology was used, suggest how it might have been incorporated.
Course Link/Getting Started/Final – Speech Critique Speeches
Posted by: Robert Owens
Posted to: CMNS101 – Fund of Communication (A) – Section C2A – CRN (23155) – Spring 2017
• How to Critique A Speech
Posted on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:21:58 PM EDT
Attached is a link that gives you step by step ways to critique a speech