There are many individual factors that can influence the behaviour of consumers (needs, motivations, personality, consumer perception, learning, involvement and consumer attitudes.
1. You are required to identify at least two individual influences that are relevant to the consumers of your firm or the firm you intend to work for (choose one product/service if more than one products/services are offered by your firm) and discuss, specifically to your firm, how the three social influences (culture, social class or reference groups) impact on the consumer purchase decision process.
2. Show how these two individual influences should be considered along with consumer decision making and experiences as discussed in chapter 10 or 11.
3. Drawing on the theories in chapters 5-11 discuss how marketers (in your organisation) can apply this understanding of individual influences on either consumer decision making or help implement social change or the the acceptance of new innovation, to improve/enhance your firm’s marketing strategies (4 Ps or 7 Ps, targeting, market segmentation, etc.).
Provide at least two or more conceptual/theoretical evidences and relevant examples (of your firm and in the marketplace) to support your discussion of each question (1-3).
– As this is an academic writing, it is essential that your work is strongly underpinned by solid research, demonstrated understanding and application of consumer behaviour concepts.
– As a guide, use around 1000 words each to answer task 1 1,500 words for task 2 and around 1,500 words for task 3. Remember that you should define concepts or theories before any detailed discussion of them.
Please reference some theories from this textbook as well: Ling, Peter, D’Alessandro, Steven and Winzar, Hume (2015) Consumer Behaviour in Action, Oxford University Press, ISBN: 97080195525601