Write a 750-1,000-word assignment that gives a general overview of commonly used substance use disorder treatment approaches. In addition, you are to select two common approaches and compare their similarities and differences.
Include the following in your assignment:
1. A brief description of common empirically researched substance use disorder treatments listed in the topics readings such as (MI, CBT, and SF). Include a minimum of two treatment descriptions.
2. A discussion about the differences of each treatment listed.
3. A discussion about which method you would prefer to use and why.
4. A list of professionals who may be involved in treatment, their role, and how you would coordinate treatment with them.
5. A minimum of two scholarly sources.
Consider using the following level-one APA headings in your paper to help organize the content:
1. Overview of Treatment Approaches to Addictions Counseling
2. Treatment Differences
3. Preferred Method and Rationale
4. Treatment Professionals
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency: 4.1: Assess valid and reliable research to answer questions for an identified problem, concern, or professional counseling intervention.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standard: 2.F.3.h: A general framework for understanding differing abilities and strategies for differentiated interventions.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
5) Describe the philosophies, practices, policies, and outcomes of the most generally accepted models of treatment, recovery, relapse prevention and continuing care for addiction and other substance-related problems.
6) Appreciate the importance of family, social networks, and community systems in the treatment and recovery process.
8) Appreciate the value of an interdisciplinary approach to addiction treatment.
10) Describe a variety of helping strategies for reducing the negative effects of substance abuse and dependency.
13) Appreciate the need to adapt practice to the range of treatment settings and modalities.
50) Continuously assess and evaluate referral resources to determine their appropriateness.
63) Understand terminology, procedures, and the roles of other disciplines related to the treatment of addiction.
64) Contribute as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
70) 1 scholarly Reference