Unit 7.2 Global Business Strategy
Level 7 15 Credits
You have been appointed as a market analyst in a small investment bank, which manages the wealth of many clients.
One of your first tasks is to choose an organisation that operates internationally. This may be an investment opportunity for your employer, but you can choose a non-profit making organisation. In your role as a market analyst you will also need to understand the impact of globalisation on business organisations in general.
Your line manager has asked you to analyse the international business environment for your chosen organisation and produce a report for him which includes.
- a review of the techniques to analyse the environment and an assessment of their suitability.
- an analysis of the micro and macro environments of the business using techniques reviewed in the first part of your report
- an analysis of how the international business environment impacts on your chosen organisation.
- an assessment of the benefits, opportunities and challenges of globalisation on your chosen organisation
As you are nearing completion of this report, you receive a memo from your line manager which asks for further sections to be included in the report. These additional sections must analyse
- the extent of globalisation on organisations.
- structures of different organisations operating in international markets
Assessment Criteria 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4, 2.1/2.2/2.3.
You are now required to give a presentation to a group of managers on the importance and nature of Corporate Social Responsibility to organisations operating internationally.
Your presentation must cover the following topics:
- an analysis of the moral and ethical issues faced by operating in an international environment
- an analysis of the conflicts between corporate strategy and ethical and social responsibilities
- identification of the legislation/regulation and guidance relating to corporate social responsibility for organisations
You will need to produce your notes for the presentation and have appropriate hand-outs for the group detailing the topics covered.
Assessment Criteria 3.1/3.2/3.3
The group of managers who attended the presentation have requested a paper which critically evaluates the international operations of your chosen organisation.
Guidelines for assessors
The assignments submitted by students must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for the unit. The suggested evidence listed below is how students can demonstrate that they have met the required standards.
|Activity number||ACs||Suggested evidence|
|1||1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4, 2.1/2.2/2.3/||The report must identify a range of techniques for analysing the international operating environment. These techniques must be thoroughly reviewed and assessments made based on sound judgements. The analysis should be detailed and cover the micro and macro environment of the chosen business and clearly demonstrate how the international business environment impacts on the chosen organisation.|
The report must also show that the learner understands the impact of globalisation on business through careful analysis which covers the extent of globalisation and the structures of different organisation operating globally. The assessment must be balanced and cover all the different aspects stated in the task.
The report should be in an appropriate business format.
|2||3.1/3.2/3.3||The presentation should cover all the main topics stated in the task , show analysis and identify relevant legislation, regulation and guidance facing organisations operating internationally. The notes produced by the learner must show understanding of the importance and nature of CSR to organisations. The handouts prepared by the learner must be detailed with appropriate style and content for the identified audience.|
|3||2.4||The paper produced by the learner must provide accurate, and detailed information for the chosen organisation, The evaluation needs to be balanced and provide reasoned judgements.|