Directions: Answer the questions listed below. Your response to each question should be at least one half of one page in length and provide strong examples and details.
1. What were the most significant changes in Africa during the nineteenth century, and why did they occur?
2. What were the causes and consequences of the European empire building after 1880?
3. How did the Ottoman Empire and Egypt try modernizing themselves, and what were the most important results?
4. What were the global consequences of European industrialization between 1800 and 1914?
5. In what ways did India change as a consequence of British rule?
6. Why did people move much more during the industrialization period, and where did they go?
7. Why and how did the Spanish and Portuguese colonies of North and South America shake off European domination and develop into national states?
8. How was Japan able to quickly master the challenges posed by the West?