A. The Task
This practical assignment involves you in the design and performance simulation of WLAN. You and other members in your group are required to design a WLAN system that consists of 2-5 access points to cover a hotspot. This assignment weighs 100% of the total practical assessment (i.e., the practical component of the overall assessment of CIS024-6).
All members in your group will need to do the following specific tasks:
1. Define the scenarios where the WLAN will be used.
2. Based on the scenario you have chosen, you then carry out a requirement analysis, e.g., what kind of service will the WLAN provide? Are there any Quality of Service requirements (e.g., coverage, data drop rate, throughput, packet delay)?
3. Based on the requirement analysis, design a WLAN. Your design should take care of the requirements.
4. In order to meet the requirements with optimised performance for different types of traffic (data, voice, etc), you should carry out a site survey. Investigate what you should consider and do in order to achieve a good survey for the targeted design of WLAN for your specified scenario. After your investigation, you should be able to give clear answers to relevant questions such as “How can you decide the number and locations of access points?”, “How does this help ensure the adequate redundant coverage for seamless roaming?”, “ How can your site survey work help you minimise the co-channel interference?”, and “ What site survey tools, especially those with reasonably good performance and also available for free, would you like to use and why?”.
5. Finally, carry out simulation studies using OPNET by completing the following:
5.1 Setting up the first test scenario. For a combination of traffic input types, test the network performance. You need to choose meaningful performance criteria, such as throughput, delay. In your group report, you need to 1) describe your test scenario and chosen criteria; 2) show some relevant screenshots; and 3) explain your results and graphs in the screenshots.
5.2 Setting up the second test scenario. In this case, increase the traffic input in the first scenario by 50%. Then, you are required to do the same as the set of sub-tasks indicated in 5.1.
5.3 Compare the results you have got in 5.1 and 5.2 and explain them.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!